Friday, October 1, 2010

New Mexico State Fair Fun!

This is my favorite time of year in Albuquerque! I love the weather and the vibe that the city has when the state fair, balloon fiesta, harvest festivals, and fresh green chile arrive.

Last weekend, M and I had a hot date at the fair. I was so excited to go because I hadn't been in a few years and M had never been at all. I made mental lists of all the things that I wanted to show him, and all of the things that I wanted to eat. We didn't make through either list, but we had a great time trying.



Here's the $8.75 turkey leg that we shared, and the $4.75 fried snickers bar. The Turkey leg was amazing, my first ever! I normally get the sausage on a stick but decided to switch it up a bit. We both had never ventured to the dark side of the fried candy bar so we decided to go there too. My thoughts, it was delicious!!!! Nothing like ooey gooey chocolate, caramel, and nuts melted together and battered with a light and fluffy pancake-ish batter. We also had some Cotton Candy and some SUPER Nachos that I couldn't get a good photo of.

We rode some rides, saw some animals, played some games, and visited the snake lady. We had a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails