Friday, October 8, 2010

Review: The Range Cafe - Albuquerque, New Mexico



Wednesday was my birthday, and my boss treated me to lunch at a famous local dive called The Range Cafe. When I was in cooking school, I got to go on a field trip to, at that time, the only location in the town of Bernallilo. We went to check out all of the in house desserts and had a great talk with the owners about running a restaurant and cooking. I don't really remember all the details, but I know that it took forever to get there! So, I was glad when they started expanding throughout the city, and now they have 3 locations. I keep hoping that they'll take over the old Carrow's on the corner of Zuni and San Mateo. It would be so nice if it was just down the street...

This place is famous for it's eclectic interior design, and delicious home style cooking. Oh, and their bakery (I can't forget that!). I have enjoyed just about everything that I have sampled and a few of my favorites are the Eggs Benedict, Meatloaf Sandwich, Huevos con Queso, and the B.L.O.A.E.T.M. (bacon, lettuce, onion, avocado, english muffin, tomato, and mayo).

On this particular visit I stuck with something I know best, and had the meatloaf sandwich with a side salad. It of course was delicious...the waiter was really cool, and for dessert he brought me a slice of a heavenly chocolate cake that tasted like a brownie.

I, of course, recommend the Range.We were seated right away, the service was great, we got our food fairly quickly, and the food was served hot and delicious!

I only suggest that if you're headed there for breakfast or lunch, get there early! We arrived around 11:30 and had no problems having a party of 6 seated right away, but the restaurant filled up fast and there was a wait when we left.
I hope that my wish comes true!
Range Café on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. I like that there is a picture of you in this review! We need more Elva pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. El and I have enjoyed breakfast and lunch at the range! As a matter of fact we had one of our first lunch dates there… Just a quick tip on ordering the B.L.O.A.E.T.M. (bacon, lettuce, onion, avocado, english muffin, tomato, and mayo)...just refer to it as the alphabet sandwich!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails