Thursday, April 8, 2010

Day 1: Dinner


Tonight I decided to grill up a chicken breast, and take in some vegetables. It's taken some time, but I am finally figuring out how to grill chicken without over spicing or over cooking it. I've been known to over cook a breast or two. I think it's because breasts vary in size and are usually thick on one side and flatter on the other, so I like to cut one in half and flatten it out before cooking. For the marinade, I threw together some extra virgin olive oil, fresh lime juice (1 med. sized lime), some crushed garlic, and a little salt and pepper. Then I put them on a medium heated grill on the top rack. It may take a little longer to cook, but this is really a good trick for getting juicy chicken.

I bought a ton of vegetables earlier this week that I was dying to do something with. I took a medium sized zucchini, a squash, and some mushrooms and sauteed them up with a little butter, salt, and pepper. So good...it reminds me of the vegetables that you get at a Japenese Teppan Grill. I like my veggies a little firm, but didn't time grilling the chicken quite right so they got a little soggy. Still good though.

Now, I'm sleepy and trying to decide if I want to make a lunch for tomorrow or eat out.....?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails