Thursday, December 2, 2010

Review: J Gilbert's Wood Fired Steaks and Seafood - Glastonbury, Connecticut

The first day of my business trip was very productive...so what better way to end the day other than good food right!?!?  Tonight's choice came as recommendation from a coworker.  So, without further ado...J. Gilbert's Wood Fired Steaks and Seafood!  I started out with...  You guessed it...a Jack and Coke!  As I looked over the menu, I noticed the appealing line of appetizers.  I decided to pass on an appetizer but if I had to try one during a future visit I think I would definitely go with the Beef Carpaccio: parmesan garlic sauce, fried capers, bleu cheese cracker, and baby greens.

In an attempt to experience a little bit of this and a little bit of that I decided to go with the mixed grill which consisted of: 4 oz petite filet, blackened chicken breast, grilled bbq shrimp, white cheddar chipotle mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables, and pineapple mango salsa.  As I sat there waiting for my meal, I couldn’t help but notice the meals passing by and how good the steaks looked.  I also had time to check out the wine list...I'm not a wine person but I'm thinking a wine person would be impressed with the line up!

Wait...dinner's here and no one else existed in the restaurant at that point!  The fillet was so tender...no knife required!  The chicken breast and grilled shrimp were awesome!  And the white cheddar chipotle mashed potatoes were delicious.  Oh and the vegetables were vegetables...actually, they were very good as well!

J Gilbert's Wood-Fired Steaks on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails