Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

This is not my turkey!
Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday! I love everything about it! M and I are cooking a feast for ourselves and then going to the movies.

After nearly a decade of asking my mom finally shared with me her famous cornbread dressing recipe. It is amazingly delicious! We were on the phone for what seemed like an eternity hashing this out, but I think I finally got it down, and I thought I'd share it with you all. You may have to adjust the spice measurements though. At first, my mom told me to add 1 Tbs. of pepper. I thought that sounded kind of high so I decreased it to 1 tsp. Maybe she was right...I guess I'll find out later! ha ha

M went to Connecticut for a business trip last week, and ate at some great local places. Keep an eye out, because he'll be guest blogging all about them next week about his adventures! Thanks Baby!

Be safe, and stay warm tomorrow. Enjoy!


My Mama’s Delicious Traditional Corn Bread Dressing
by Maria McCarty

Ingredients
Cornbread (2 boxes or packets)
3 Medium sized Carrots
3 Celery Stalks
2 Gala Apples
1 Green Bell Pepper
1 Medium Onion
1 tsp. Poultry Seasoning
1 tsp. Basil
1 tsp. Pepper
1 tsp. Salt
1 Tbs. Vegetable Oil
½ stick of Salted Butter
2 Eggs
1 Can of Chicken Stock

 Directions 

1. Preheat oven to 375ยบF
2.       Bake cornbread as directed on package. Once cool, add to large bowl and finely crumble.
3.       Dice carrots, celery, bell pepper, apples, and onion into small cubes.
4.       Beat eggs in small bowl and set aside.
5.       On medium heat, melt butter with oil in a large saucepan.
6.       Once butter is melted, combine diced vegetables with poultry seasoning, basil, and pepper.
7.       Saute vegetables until they are soft and onion is clear.
8.       Combine sauteed vegetables and beaten eggs into large bowl of crumbled corn bread. Mix thoroughly.
9.       Once combined add 1 can of Chicken Stock and mix thoroughly until moist; add more broth if needed.
10.   Use appropriate sized ungreased pan and cover with foil.
11.   Bake for 1 hr. or until browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails