Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Review: Hi-D-Ho Drive In - Alamogordo, New Mexico


If you are an avid reader of this site, you can probably tell that M and I are huge burger fans. So, it's no surprise that we hit up Hi-D-Ho Drive In on my recent visit.

When planning a visit, the trick the locals use is to call ahead - (575) 437 6400. I suggest that you use it too. We waited a good 30 min or so for our food AFTER we ordered. We skipped breakfast and headed to White Sands National Monument, so I can say we were a bit famished and the wait was pure torture, especially when we watched person after person walking in to get their call in orders. Hi-D-Ho has been around since the 50's, it's one of those old fashioned drive in's where you pull into a spot and turn on your lights to get a waitress over to order,
Green Chile Bacon Cheeseburger

Tiger Burger
I ordered my usual Green Chile Bacon Cheeseburger and M got the Tiger Burger. We wanted fries, but surprise...they were out. Instead we ordered onion rings, and I got a limeade. Burger joints without fries? Does it surprise you that I was majorly disappointed? The burgers though were fantastic. It was gigantic, too. The chile was flavorful and spicy, and the bacon was crispy. M's tiger burger was double the size of mine, with two patties and the toppings were plentiful.The onion rings were hearty, and crispy. They were good, but I really wanted fries.

I'd go back to this joint, but I'll definitely call ahead!

We were starving, so we dug in before the pictures were taken.

Here are a couple of pics from White Sands. If you haven't been there you really should check it out!


Hi-D-Ho Drive In on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails