Monday, December 6, 2010

Review: Bricco Trattoria - Glastonbury, Connecticut

My last night in CT...  After a very productive week at work and a great food during my trip so I felt I had to keep the streak going.  I decided to ask one of my coworkers a good restaurant near the hotel...type of food was not an issue.  I said to myself whatever restaurant she suggests...I'm there!  I must admit I was trying to use the Jedi mind trick to persuade her to direct me to an Italian place.  And apparently it works!  Bricco Trattoria was tonight's choice.   Now, if you're ever in the neighborhood and decide to try Bricco Trattoria's...it's not quick Italian like Olive Garden or Macaroni Grille.  No disrespect to Olive Garden or Macaroni Grille but they can't hold a candle to this place!  See menu...

 
I was feeling really adventurous tonight so for an appetizer, I decided to try the lamb and goat cheese meatballs with pine nuts and currants.  Excellent choice and they can almost suffice as a meal itself.  After the meatballs and still feeling adventurous I decided on the fettuccine.  I know you're saying what's so adventurous about fettuccine!?!?  Well, forgive my grammar but this wasn't no ordinary fettuccine!  It had shrimp, scallops and calamari.  And instead of the standard Alfredo sauce it had a zesty tomato sauce!  Excellent choice if I must say so myself!  Great meal to end a great trip to Connecticut...the Constitution State!

Bricco Trattoria on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails