Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Review: Nob Hill Bar & Grill - Albuquerque, New Mexico


This is one of M and I's favorite places. We love the atmosphere and hip vibe that we feel as soon as we walk through the humongous front door. We'll go often for dinner, and occasionally we'll just stop by for drinks. This is the only place in town where we have been able to designate a booth as "ours." We've been lucky enough to sit there 90% of the time.

At first I thought the food was just alright, and that it was pretty pricey for what you get. I mean seriously,12 bucks for Mac and Cheese? But as I've worked my way across the menu I've discovered that there are a few gems that were completely worth their weight in gold. Some of our favorites are the Kobe Sliders, Buffalo Calamari, This Ain't Yo Mama's Meatloaf, and in my opinion they have one of the best cheeseburgers in town. I particular love how I can choose which 2 toppings I want. I always get bacon and green chile.

I think that the food has gotten progressively better since the self proclaimed "Upscale Joint" first opened. I wasn't sure if this joint was going to make it, but alas it has and I'm glad!

On this particular visit we were kind of worried, as the first thing that happened to us was the the buser spilled a glass of water all over the table and floor and it took a long time for the server to come over. Once she made initial contact she was pretty attentive and even took time to ask about the photos that I was taking. She even asked for the name of my blog. Which I thought was pretty cool... so here's a shout out to Jessica.

I wanted to try something lighter, so I opted for what I think was called the Santa Fe Chicken Sandwich served with fries. It was a grilled chicken breast topped with green chile and jack cheese. The menu changes pretty frequently, and this was the first time that I eyed this delicacy on it. The chicken was grilled perfectly and was very moist. My only complaint was that the breast didn't fill the whole bun or maybe it slipped. It was deceptively covered in chile, and I only made the discovery when I went in for my second half.

M had the meatloaf and I am pretty sure that he loved it. It was served with mashed potatoes and sauteed carrots and asparagus. He devoured every last bite and even ate some of his veggies. Not the cooked carrots though. Even though they looked so nice, they still tasted like cooked carrots do. Not good!

Overall, it was another great visit and we'll defiantly be headed back!

Nob Hill Bar & Grill on Urbanspoon


1 comment:

  1. Elva's right on...this is one of our favorite spots in the Q! Chill place to have a good time! Great atmosphere, drinks, food and your own personal booth! Wait…that would only apply to us!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails