Friday, September 3, 2010

Recipe: Rosemary Roasted Potatoes



Last weekend I had a taste for beef.  Isn’t that a funny way to say that? When we’re deciding what to have for dinner, M always asks me “what do you have a taste for?” It’s one of those quirky Southern things that I find absolutely adorable. Anyway, we decided to grill up some sirloins and chicken breast tenders.To accompany our meal I sautéed some green beans and found this delicious recipe for Rosemary Roasted Potatoes.
These potatoes were so easy to make, and came out perfect. The outsides were crispy and the insides melted in your mouth.  My only complaint was that it took like 10 min to prep and over an hour to roast evenly. Oh and also, this is defiantly a winter time dish because having the oven on for so long made the house so HOT.
The green beans came from Sacha’s garden and were extraordinarily good; nice and crisp. I was the lucky recipient of some cherry tomatoes, green onions, and a jalapeno too. All were delicious!!! Earlier this week I got another garden gift from my friend Chuck, he gave me some pear tomatoes that I made into a tomato and cucumber salad. To all of my friends with gardens: keep the veggies coming!
Ingredientsnocoupons
  • 1 1/2 pounds small red or white-skinned potatoes (or a mixture)
  • 1/8 cup good olive oil
  • 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 tablespoons minced garlic (3 cloves)
  • 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary leaves
Directions
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Cut the potatoes in half or quarters and place in a bowl with the olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic and rosemary; toss until the potatoes are well coated. Dump the potatoes on a baking sheet and spread out into 1 layer; roast in the oven for at least 1 hour, or until browned and crisp. Flip twice with a spatula during cooking to ensure even browning.
Remove the potatoes from the oven, season to taste, and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails