Saturday, April 10, 2010

Day 2: Dinner and Late Snack


Last night, my good friend Sacha had a jewelry party and I went. I stayed a longer than I had planned, but there were some girls that I used to work with several years ago there and I really wanted to catch up. There were some really delicious eats there. We were treated to some fresh baked jalapeno poppers, backed brie, and a nontraditional salsa dip.

The jalapeno peppers were SO delicious, and according to the chef of the day, Amy, they are super easy to make and she happily shared her recipe with me. Using fresh jalapenos, you cut them in half and scrape the seeds out. Then you make a cream cheese filling using whipped cream cheese and garlic salt (I would probably prefer fresh garlic), and then you fill the empty jalapeno shells. After that you wrap a half a slice of bacon around each one, and bake at 350 for about 15 minor until bacon and cheese browns. So Easy, I can't wait to try it myself.

Amy also made a baked brie that was absolutely amazing. She used a whole wheel of brie and topped it with a thin layer of raspberry jam, the she used a package of crescent rolls and completely wrapped the wheel. She baked it until the crescent roll crust was a nice golden brown, and drizzled it with honey and sliced almonds. We were supposed to let it set for 10 min before slicing, but who could wait. We dug in and nice soft brie oozed out...yum.

Sacha made a healthy yogurt salso dip, with fresh veggies. The dip had salsa, avocado, onion, and cilantro. I'm not a huge cilantro fan, so I had a few bites, but mostly steered clear. What I had was pretty good though.

It was about 9 when I got home, and since I didn't have a real dinner I was still kind of hungry so I had a bowl of cereal to hold me over. I generally usually only eat unsweetened cereals, but I was craving something kind of sweet so I had the last of my childhood favorite Cinnamon Toast Crunch; it certainly satisfied my sweet tooth.

Excuse the dark photos, I took them with my camera phone...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails