Monday, August 23, 2010

Review: Village Pizza - Corrales, New Mexico


Wow, what an experience!

This past Friday I had dinner and movie plans with a a dear friend Sacha, and she suggested that we try Village Pizza in Corrales. Actually, she gave me a few choices and I chose Village Pizza from the list because we both had never been there. I also found a coupon to get 2 free Chocolate Mouses if we ordered a small pizza. Score!

We arrived at the restaurant around 6:45, and circled the parking lot 4 times and just as we were about to bail we found a spot. Needless to say, the place was packed (always a good sign). When we walked in we were greeted by a kid, who couldn't of been more than 15, who asked if we wanted to eat inside or outside. I thought that we were going to have to wait awhile so I said "First Available, Please" which automatically confused the guy and he looked at me blankly for a few minutes before he shrugged his shoulders, and repeated the question. Sacha suggested that we eat inside since it was hot out, and the kid took us right away to a seating area in the very back of the restaurant.

I knew it would be trouble when I spotted 3 little little kids running around and climbing on the fireplace (that was NOT on). I knew we were in for more trouble when 2 different baby girls at 2 different tables let out loud blood curling screams that echoed throughout the joint at about 5 million decibels. Even though we could barely hold a conversation, we decided to stay and we ordered a small Greg's Albuquerque Magazine Combo (Pepperoni, smoked ham, hot or mild green chili, mushrooms, red onions, minced garlic, mild or hot sausage, red bell peppers, and artichokes). Of course we chose hot green chile, and hot sausage. Since we were starving and more than mildly irritated we each ordered a side salad, and were delighted to learn that we got to have one trip to the salad bar. Unfortunately the pickins' were slim, it seemed as though it had not been replenished in awhile. At least we had something to eat though, so I wasn't going to complain.

So far nothing about this place seemed magical, which was quite disappointing since I have heard nothing but great reviews. Just as I thought nothing could possibly save this place, our pizza came out! The crust wasn't too thick and it wasn't to thin, the toppings were piled on high, and the price was right. My mouth was salivating while I snapped the photos above. Taking a bite out of this pie was truly a magical experience... I loved the artichokes on it. Oh, and the chile. SO hot, and fresh! Loved it. Luckily there was enough left over to take home and we both got 2 slices; it was even delicious heated up the next day for lunch.

We had to get out mousses to go, in order to make our movie on time (which, by the way, was "Eat, Pray, Love"). Not such a good idea for a movie time treat, it turned into a big soupy mess!

So here's what I have to say about Village Pizza. Great, delicious, spectacular Pizza, but get it to go!


Village Pizza on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails