Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Recipe: Tequila Lime Chicken


Don't you just want to lick those limes?

This is what I've been eating ALL week. While it is certainly delicious, I've just about had enough. I can only take about 2 days of leftovers, and preferably only once a day. I've been dining on this dish for every meal since Sunday. But as of today, there will no more of this!

My boyfriend lives about 3 hours away from me, and on the weekends we will grill up an extra large batch of whatever we're making for him to carry back with with him. As he generally does the grilling and I do the marinading, I asked if the usual Italian dressing would do (while Italian dressing is a perfectly fine marinade, I prefer to live on the edge and create my own). I was surprised when he said that he'd preferred "the one I made the last time." I think that my heart did a little flip.
 
Here's how we made it (remember we used a lot of chicken, so I'm trying to cut the recipe)(Also, I've never written my own recipe before, so if you try and it sucks, I am SO SO sorry!)...

1 Pound of  Chicken breast
1 C. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Tbs. of Tequila
1 heaping teaspoon of crushed garlic
Juice from 1 fresh lime
1/2 bunch of green onions diced
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper

dash of salt
dash of pepper

Combine ingredients in large Ziploc bag, add chicken, securely close bag, and shake chicken around until it is well coated. Grill immediately, or refrigerate until needed.

Tricks:
1. Cut chicken in half and pound out until each piece is about 1/4 in thick (cuts down on grilling time and chicken gets cooked evenly)
2. Grill Chicken on top rack if possible on Medium heat (keeps in moisture)
3. Be sure to cook chicken thoroughly to avoid food borne illness. The recommended internal temp should be approx. 160 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails