Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Review: Five Guys - Albuquerque, New Mexico

We had already eaten half

So, it seems as though there is a Five Guys phenomenon going on in the US right now. Albuquerque is lucky enough to have one! I've eaten there a few times now, and the more I eat there the more I love it! Me and M ate there for lunch on Sunday, usually an iffy time to go because generally there is a line out the door. It was our lucky day because we walked right up to the counter.

What makes this place so special? Maybe it's that they offer two size of burgers (the regular size has 2 patties)? Maybe it's because for one price you can get any of the toppings that are offered? Maybe it's because the meat is fresh and never frozen? or maybe it's the fresh cut Idaho potato fries?

I think its the fries. They are SO delicious and made using peanut oil, which I think is what makes them the hot, crispy fried goodness that they are. They offer Original fries and Cajun. I love the Original ones so much, that I'm terrified to try the Cajun. I'm afraid they might be too salty or that the seasoning will make the fries get soggy. Maybe I'm mistaken, but I don't want to take the risk. They also give you so many! M and I usually split a small, and we can't finish it. They have a wipe board near the registers that tell you where the potatoes they are using are from; I think that's cool.

I always get a little bacon cheeseburger with lettuce, extra pickles, tomatoes, and mustard (my mouth is watering right now). M actually gotta little one too...how cute! Oh, and their pickles. X-tra thick, crinkled cut dills. Nice.

If you haven't been there yet, Five Guys is definitely worth a trip! Every time I've been there it's been packed, so I can't recommend a good time to go, but I can say that the wait is never long and there is plenty of seating. I think the prices are ok, but I usually hear someone complaining about how expensive they are. I posted the menu, so you can see for yourself.

Five Guys Burgers And Fries on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails