Monday, April 11, 2011

Review: Thai Tip - Albuquerque, New Mexico

On our quest to hit up just about every Thai restaurant int he city, Meredith and I went to Thai Tip on one of our lunch club Friday's. Chuck actually recommended it, but he couldn't come with us on this particular trip.We got there early, around 11:15am and were the first to arrive. We were seated right away, and greeted by our waiter almost immediately. From what I gather, the man who waited on us is the husband of the Chef. Her name is Tip, hence the name Thai Tip. I caught a quick glimpse of her through a crack in the kitchen door when I visited the restroom. She was moving a mile a minute, and I was very impressed with that.
 
Meredith ordered a Thai iced tea to start. It was tea sweetened with with heavy cream. It was heavenly. For an appetizer we ordered the mini egg rolls. They were filled with cream cheese and crab; like a crab rangoon but in egg roll form instead of won ton or dumpling form. These were amazing! I probably could have eaten 20 of these...it was ridicules.
 
 
I ordered the Silver Noodles with beef and vegetables for my entree, and Meredith had the Massaman Curry. I actually preferred Meredeth's dish over mine...I mean mine was pretty good, but the texture of the silver noodles was a little too slimy for my taste. I've had rice noodles before, but not like this. Besides that the flavor was good, and the spiciness was excellent.

The Massaman Curry was excellent. There was a hearty amount chicken, yukon gold potatoes, and peanuts. The coconut flavor was rich and creamy, but not overwhelming. It was served with a plate of heart shaped rice; a very nice touch! Meredith said that it was probably the best Thai that she's had in Albuquerque...so far.

I thought that service was pretty good. We were served fairly quickly, and the waiter was very attentive. The prices were a little on the high side for lunch, however you are given pretty generous portions. I'd go back...most definitely!

Thai Tip does not have a website, so here are the details: 
1512 Wyoming Blvd NE
Albuquerque, NM 87112
(505) 323-7447

Thai Tip on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails