Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Review: YardHouse - Denver, Colorado

We ended our quick trip to Denver at the YardHouse at the Sheraton Hotel.  Surprise, Surprise it's another chain; one that's not in New Mexico and one that we never heard of. I guess that's what happens when you eat locally all the time, you kind of forget about everything else - except for the Olive Garden. We will never forget the Olive Garden. 

Anyway, this restaurant had just opened a week before our visit and was open late AND attached to our hotel. This was a bonus since we were going after the basketball game to have a few cocktails to celebrate M's birthday. Another bonus was it was late night happy hour so our drinks and appetizers were half price.

We were greeted a seated right away. The decor inside was very cool and contemporary; Lots of dark furniture. There were plenty of tv's playing ESPN, and classic rock jamming loud on the overhead. I loved the music, but I think M was annoyed hearing me randomly belt out Def Leopard and Bon Jovi.
Instead of getting a huge meal, we decided to get a couple of appetizers. We chose the Chicken Nachos with spicy pinto beans, cheddar and jack, red and green sauce, tomato, cilantro, onions, guacamole and sour cream and the Firecracker Wings that were tossed in a spicy sesame garlic plum glaze garnished with green onions. We were pleasantly surprised when the the nachos came out. It was a huge portion with lots of chicken and toppings. It tasted really good too. We're such Mexican food snobs, we're kind of hard to please when it comes to tacos, burrito's, enchiladas, and nachos. 

The firecracker wings were really tasty too. They were Asian inspired and just a little spicy. I think that they gave us a dozen of the little suckers, so we had to leave a few behind. That made me sad, but we were traveling and there was no where to keep them overnight.
Even though it's a chain I'd go back. The staff was really nice, and the food the good. I loved the loud music playing (I normally don't, but this time I was having a blast), and the easy going atmosphere. The prices were really reasonable too. They even gave M a free dessert for his birthday...which I think was a miniature chocolate souffle with vanilla bean ice cream. Even though we were stuffed we managed to find room for it!

I know that I had a blast on this short trip. I really hope that M did too... Happy Belated Birthday Baby!!!

Yard House on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the great write up Elva! We're thrilled you enjoyed your time with us and hopefully we'll have you as our guest again soon! Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails